Online Backup – Cloud Storage & File Share
ShareSync – Cloud Backup and File Sharing for Businesses
Have you ever experienced one of these scenarios?
- Your computer hard drive crashed and you lost all your files?
- You’re at an off-site meeting but left an important document back at the office?
- You edited an entire document, only to realize you didn’t see the email with the newer version?
- Your employees are putting company data on services you cannot see and manage?
ShareSync from Ten9 IT Services can save you from similar situations by improving backup, mobility and collaboration.
Key Features of ShareSync
Real-time file backup & point-in-time restore for PCs and Macs. Protects files & enables business continuity during ransomware outbreaks.
Syncing, sharing and collaboration
Access, edit and share files from any desktop or mobile device. Simple and intuitive. Powerful admin controls
At-rest and in-transit encryption. Remote wipe capabilities. 99.999% uptime guarantee.
Admin visibility and control includes audit logs, one-click deployment for Intermedia customers, and other management features.
Maintain regulatory compliance with secure file sharing, mobile security and auditing.
99.999% financially backed SLA. Our service level agreement guarantees less than 30 seconds of monthly unplanned downtime.
ShareSync and HIPAA Compliance
For many organizations, the decision to move to the cloud is about economics: the cloud provides greater value than an on-premises deployment. But for healthcare providers or organizations that work with Protected Health Information (PHI), there’s a consideration beyond economics: the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
Ten9 ShareSync services are designed to meet the privacy and security requirements for Protected Health Information. Our privacy and security policies, procedures, technologies and services are audited annually by a third party, and we will execute a HIPAA Business Associate Agreement with Covered Entities.
ShareSync HIPAA Capabilities
ShareSync helps teams inside and outside of healthcare organizations work together by streamlining the secure sharing of administrative and patient information.
Medical departments rely on extensive file sharing of test results, patient data and lab practices. Traditional methods of sharing files over email, FTP and USB drives have security flaws, and often run the risk of violating HIPAA, HITECH and FDA regulations. ShareSync allows you to securely share sensitive files behind the firewall, without a VPN.
Data Security & Protection
Customer data on ShareSync is protected by:
- End-to-end 256-bit encryption
- Unique encryption keys for each account
- 99.999% uptime SLA
- Reporting and audit trail of both user and content activities
- Remote wipe capabilities on any device
- Access permissions for files and folders
- Secure links sent inside and outside your organization
- And more…
Compare File & Backup Solutions
Comparison: ShareSync vs. File Servers
On-premises file servers are the traditional choice of most small businesses. They provide a central file repository for employees, shared access within the network and IT control over access permissions.
However, remote access to files is a challenge. It typically requires a VPN (Virtual Private Network) connection, which in turn requires IT to set up a VPN server, firewall and install VPN client software on all devices accessing the file server. Support for the file server is generally limited to devices running the same operating system.
Because of these limitations, there is no easy way to collaborate with individuals outside the organization — such as partners, suppliers or customers — without heavy IT coordination and effort.
Another limitation of on-site file servers is that organizations have to purchase and maintain the hardware and software to operate them. In addition to the capital expenditure, this incurs ongoing electric, real estate and maintenance costs.
ShareSync Cloud Backup & File Sharing
Just like traditional file servers, cloud-based backup & file sharing services provide a shared, centralized location to store files. The difference between these services is cloud-based solutions are easily accessed from any location or device, which facilitates the needs of a far wider scope of users, devices and capabilities.
- It is just as easy to support internal users as it is ones outside your organization.
- Users, partners, suppliers and customers can all connect without a VPN.
- ShareSync supports a wider range of mobile and computing devices, such as iPhone, Windows Phone, Android and Blackberry.
- Customers pay a monthly fee to the service provider instead of the overhead and expense to maintain the hardware and software themselves.
- Files are backed up in real-time, every time the file changes — eliminating version gaps found in scheduled backup solutions.
- The advantages of ShareSync cloud backup & file sharing — mobility, cost-effectiveness, external sharing and easy collaboration — make it a superior solution to on-premises file servers. The broader scope and ease of collaboration allows workers and businesses to be more productive.
Interested in ShareSync? Request more info today!
Comparison: ShareSync vs. Consumer Services
Consumer-grade cloud services are either low-cost or even free. They’re designed to be very easy to use; their evolution has been driven by the increased need for easy access to files. Because they’re so simple and affordable, these file sharing services have become very popular, even in business.
The downside of consumer services is the lack of many of the features necessary in a business environment, including robust security, rapid support, guaranteed uptime and independent IT control over access permissions. Without these features, file sharing is risky for businesses due to the potential for downtime, data loss or hacking and the inability to adhere to internal IT polices.
Business-grade cloud file sync & share services such as ShareSync offer much better security, support, uptime, and control than consumer-grade offerings. Many good business solutions are available on the market. However, they are not free and feature sets and pricing vary significantly.
Interested in ShareSync? Request more info today!